Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Chisako Oga

        You may not have heard of the young and talented Chisako Oga but I'm sure you will in the near future. Chisako is a 17 year old ballerina who trains at San francisco Ballet School. She was invited to participate in the Prix de Lausanne when she was 15, which from what I've seen on you tube, she did amazing! Chisako also competed in the YAGP NYC finals for 2012.

Chisako Oga in Supernova choreographed by Asuka Kondoh at the YAGP NYC finals 2012(top) and in a pirouette combination en pointe(bottom)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Girl with a Bun! This is Chisako.. the girl you just talked about in this blog :) I found you through my sister who somehow found this blog about me! I really am honored to be named as one of your favorite dancers. I actually am 17 now and I dance with the San Francisco Ballet School. I was 15 the time I did Prix de Lausanne ;) Anyways thank you for your sweet words :) And good luck with ballet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh my goodness!!! I can't believe you are acctually reading my blog! I first read about you in the New Era magazine. I thought it was so amazing that you could balance church and professional ballet. So you are at San Francisco Ballet now...Do you know Emma Rubinowitz? She is an apprentice there and was a guest artist at my studio's production in June. I'd love to keep in touch. You are an inspiration to me!

      Delete